How You Can Make a Difference
Mahbūbnagar Mama Hill’s Help is a California non-profit 501(c) 3. Individual and philanthropic donations, and portions of the founder’s monthly pension provide most of the funding for our programs. The annual operating budget is $75,000. Your donation, large or small, can make a huge difference in our children’s lives, whether it’s making sure they have food for school, or helping to build new programs for their growth and development. Listed below are current immediate needs that Mama Hills Help is seeking funding for:
- In-kind donations of clothing, food, diapers, and toiletries, office supplies, or services are invaluable.
- $10 McDonalds gift cards can buy two meals for one child, who may otherwise not have anything to eat.
- $25 gift cards for Ralph’s or Target, for families in need to buy food, clothes and basic household items.
- $1,000 for the Angel Fund per month. The Angel Fund is used for any expenses that promote the health, safety, and well being of our Cookies and their families. It is used to purchase basic-need items such as school supplies, clothes, bus passes, food, phones, toiletries or living expenses.
- $1,500 and/or in-kind maintenance services for our 12-passenger van that we use to take the Cookies on field trips, and to conferences and events. The van requires some significant repairs and maintenance in addition to monthly car insurance payments and gas money.
Gonesse Once we’ve funded our immediate needs, Mama Hills Help can focus on expanding our programs and facilities to accommodate more staff, children and volunteers. We teach our children to dream big, and so must we! In the long term, we plan to raise funding for new facilities. These facilities will include classrooms and activity rooms, a kitchen, a computer lab, a playground, and an organic garden. It will also include overnight facilities for children and families experiencing crisis or homelessness. Your donation can help us realize our short term and long term goals. Mama Hill’s Help, is an extraordinary model program that requires the urgent attention of all philanthropic institutions and individuals who care about the condition of these endangered young adults.
Mariquita Thank you for your kind consideration,
Millicent E. Hill, Executive Director